Date(s) - October 12,2018 - October 13,2018
Categories No Categories
1. Weekend Camp: 7.00pm, Friday 12th thru 11.00pm, Saturday 13th October 2018.
2. Staggered starts & finishes to allow equal time for all teams (2 – 3 minute start intervals)
3. 9am START until 3pm FINISH, nominally
4. Communal meal (ONE POT Challenge), Badge Trading & Campfire on Saturday night
$15 to cover prizes and crest. All fees returned as prizes. Pay cash, cheque or Paypal.
(start / finish): Flying Post
- Register Team names and specify youth participants. List Advisors & contact details.
- Teams limited to 3 – 4 participants, multiple teams for a Company
- One challenge per company (unless you have adequate materials and adults to supervise a second challenge).
- Advisors work with Companies to devise a suitable challenge(s).
- Inform Simon Harte ([email protected]) what challenge you would like to do. First come first serve– similar challenges given to first requested!
- Companies book accommodations directly with TSR. Sites can be shared between groups.
- For groups only visiting for the day, please pay the $5 day use fee at TSR.
- Devised by each Venture Company, instructions to be provided in English & French.
- Run by 2 Advisors / Scouters / Rovers from the Company which created it
- Challenges should be Scouting related
- Intellectual / mental, problem solving, physical, or STEM based
- Involving teamwork or combinations of all these.
- Each challenge will be evaluated on a scale of 20 points, with values pre-determined. In other words, the organizers have to decide in advance, what qualifies as a “20” or a “5″ or some grade in between.
- Points are awarded for team performance specific to the challenges faced.
- Each team should be able to earn some points, even if they fail the challenge.
- Challenge-related materials to be paid by the Company devising the challenge.