Date(s) - January 11,2020 - January 12,2020
Kahnawake Youth Center
Quebec Council Wilderness First Aid 2020
Saturday January 11th -Sunday January 12th, 2020
- All Scouts, Scouter – Course is limited to 14 participants (a minimum of 8 is required)
Course is in English only
- Kahnawake Youth Center, Kahnawake
- Scouters are welcome to spend the night at the Centre, you will need a sleeping bag, sleeping mat and your personal items. A continental breakfast will be available.
- $275.00, this will include lunch both days.
- Saturday 8:30am – 10:00pm (there will be a supper break)
- Sunday 8:30 am- 5:30 pm
Wilderness First Aid is an experientially based course designed for students who will be participating in outdoor activities outside the range of emergency medical services. The course provides participants with an introduction to wilderness first aid, with an emphasis on prevention, practical skills, decision making and dealing with environmental conditions. The program includes CPR/AED Heart Saver for the Lay Rescuer.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a digital Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification from Sirius Wilderness Medicine. Participants get their certification through their email and can upload and share their competency.. Clients who require an actual physical card for a specific reason can request it at the cost of 15$ per card.
Registration deadline: December 15th 2019
For more information contact Elaine de Ryk, DCC Scouter Development, [email protected]